About Boost - Sanur Village Festival 2018
Sanur Village Festival (SVF) is a community event founded by Sanur Development Foundation (YPS) which is a combination of several large-scale activities involving food festival, creative economy exhibition, various contests and competitions, art and cultural attractions, music as well as various types of environmentally-friendly activities.
- Re-brand Sanur as one of the oldest tourist destination in Bali
- Become the creative media in re-positioning the destination after the first and second Bali Bombing
- Improve the economy in Sanur based on tourism creative economy
- Providing space for young generation to explore their creativity in culture, art, music and others
- Provide an alternative attraction during holidays in Bali.
- Reposition Sanur on the world tourism calendar of events.
SVF Logo represents various elements that make Sanur area unique, including:
- Traditional boat Jukung that does not exist in other places, where the Sanur Village Festival is expected to be a media to maintain and develop cultural and tourism-based economy.
- The screen represents the most popular water sport in Sanur, wind surfing, and hopes that Sanur Village Festival can help determine the direction of tourism development.
- A fun and cultural event
- The words ‘a fun and cultural event’ is one of the logo’s component that describes the event is fun and culture based.
- As well as the existence of a typical festival, which aims to create a festive atmosphere with a variety of activities-rah rah party, but remains entrenched in the culture of Bali Sanur and in particular.
Tagline : “The New Spirit of Heritage"
The tagline ‘The New Spirit of Heritage’ is expected to be the soul of this event. Sanur’s cultural and historical heritage is unique and as old as Bali civilization, even Indonesian. For that, we should honor and keep that which is inherited from our fathers. On the other hand, the young generation is challenged to give a new vigor in terms of creativity and modern development, to maintain the existing inheritance.
Theme for 2018
The Sanur Village Festival XIII is themed “Mandala Giri”, which literally means circle and mountain. For the Balinese, the mountain represents the head, orienting to the spirit and culture. This 5-day festival aims to facilitate and develop the Sanur community’s creativity and achieve creativity and tourism synergy.
This year’s festival refocuses on mount Agung, where its eruption back in November 2017 created a reflection of humanity and closeness to nature, which must be embraced and become a part of Sanur community’s spirit of creativity. Sensitivity towards Mount Agung’s existence and condition should encourage togetherness and familiarity, respect and protection of the environment, inspiring the community, and reconfirming that remains Bali safe to be visited as one of the best world destination.
The first festival held back in 2006, which was a respond to the slowing of tourism post second Bali bombing (2005), still struggling from the first incident back in 2002. The following year, SVF II (2007) was launched with the theme “The New Spirit of Heritage” to give new spirit to the cultural ancestral heritage that preserved the coastal areas, environment and art creativity, and sustainable economy.
2006 – 2008 : Cottage Inna Grand Bali Beach Sanur
2009 : Pantai Mertasari
2010 : Cottage Inna Grand Bali Beach Sanur
2011 : Pantai MataharI Terbit
2012 – 2017 : Maisonnette Area Inna Grand Bali Beach Sanur
2018 : Pantai MataharI Terbit
2.Beach clean up
7.Sanur Kreatif Expo
8.Cultural, Music and Art performances
14.Painting on the spot
19.Fun & Sport activities
20.International Sanur Kite Festival
23.Sanur Golf Tournament
27.Village Cycling Tour